Income >> Median Income >> Race/Ethnicity
Income inequalities by race and ethnicity persist in King County.
- In 2015, King County's median household income was $81,916, up by $6,082 since 2014.
- From 2005 to 2015, median household income increased significantly for all race/ethnicity groups in King County except Blacks and American Indians/Alaska Natives.
- In 2015, as in all preceding years, median incomes for Asians and whites were significantly higher than those for Blacks and Hispanics.
- The magnitude of income disparities continues to grow.
- In 1999, the highest-income group (whites) earned 1.6 times more than the lowest-income group (Blacks).
- By 2015, the highest-income group (Asians) earned 2.3 times more than the lowest-income group (Blacks).