In King County, workers in manufacturing and those employed by very large companies were most likely to have on-site child care.
Employer policies about family-friendly benefits can make a crucial difference in meeting the needs of today’s workers. Benefits include health care; child care; flexible schedules; telecommuting; retirement; paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays.
- Workers in manufacturing were most likely to be offered on-site child care by their employers: About 1 in 4 manufacturing employees reported that they were offered on-site child care, more than in any other industry type.
- Workers at firms with 1000 or more employees were most likely to be offered on-site child care.
- Non-profit organizations were more likely than private companies to offer on-site child care to their employees.
- Child Care
- Child Care: Notes & Sources
- Birth to 5 Years
- 6 to 14 Years
- Employment Benefits
- Employment Benefits: Notes & Sources
- Standard Benefits
- On-Site Child Care
- Child Rearing
- Reading/Telling Stories