Telecommuting was most common at companies that were very large (1,000+ employees) or very small (1-4 employees).
Employer policies about family-friendly benefits can make a crucial difference in meeting the needs of workers and their families. Workers who telecommute generally have more flexibility in scheduling their professional and family responsibilities.
- Industries in which King County workers were most likely to telecommute were manufacturing, transportation / communications / utilities, and finance / insurance / real estate.
- Workers most likely to telecommute were employed by organizations with large (1000+ employees) or small (1-4 employees) workforces.
- Employees working for private companies were more likely to telecommute than those working for government or non-profit organizations.
- Child Care
- Child Care: Notes & Sources
- Birth to 5 Years
- 6 to 14 Years
- Employment Benefits
- Employment Benefits: Notes & Sources
- Standard Benefits
- On-Site Child Care
- Child Rearing
- Reading/Telling Stories